Wednesday, March 30, 2011

OMG! Burgers



OMG! Burgers is located were Qdoba Mexican Grill used to be on the corner right across the street from the main entrance to Sunset place, on 5748 Sunset Drive.  Just look for the big and bright yellow & red sign OMG! Burgers and you’ve found it.

As I walked in, the first thing you notice is how exceptionally clean the restaurant is.  Quickly after that, the smell of burgers being cooked!  The restaurant has a fast food type of feel to it but with much better food.  They have a simple, yet extensive menu to choose from.  Although, an “order here” sign would help.  At one point I felt lost. I had no idea where to go to place my order!

I went all out and ordered the OMG Burger, which included three patties and three slices of grilled dripping cheese.  They have a wide variety of toppings to choose from at no extra charge.  I went with red onions, jalapenos, and extra pickles.  I asked for my burger to be cooked medium and even. Though it was slightly over-cooked, it was no big deal.  Really, a fine burger to eat but for some strange reason I was still hungry after eating it.  I recommend you always get the fries.  They’re fresh, spicy, crunchy, and really compliment the burger.

The service is one thing that needs a little improvement.  As I stood there, looking at the menu, I felt like the girl behind the counter just wanted me to hurry up and order already!  I figured that out after the third or fourth time she asked, “what would you like to order?”  Which is when I finally replied, "give me a sec."  The cook seemed to be more interested in what Snoop Dogg was Tweeting rather than my burger.  Now I know why it was a little over-cooked.

OMG! Burger is good, but again nothing special.  If you’re short on cash or want a fast meal to go, it’s a good place to visit.  Plus, they're open late.  So after a movie at Sunset you can drop in for a late-night meal.

OMG! Burger
                                                 
\

3 comments: