Monday, April 4, 2011

Hillstone (formally Houston's) @ Coral Gables


Located on the corner of 201 Miracle Mile in Coral Gables, this restaurant is now called Hillstone. But, for the life of me, I still call it Houston’s. I’ve dinned here several times for their sushi, but never for a burger. Hillstone is a little pricey but, believe me, the food, great atmosphere, happy hour and beautiful interior make it worthwhile. You’ll definitely get what you pay for.

I started with their famous spinach and artichoke dip, which Hillstone is famous for. It’s a sizable appetizer and, like always, its super good. Hillstone has six burgers on their menu and I chose the Hickory Burger. It comes with Canadian bacon, chopped cheddar cheese, onion, hickory sauce and, yes, I ordered extra jalapenos. The cheddar cheese and the Canadian bacon make an awesome combination. It made the burger a delight to eat. I’m puzzled how people don’t talk more about their burgers. I'm looking forward to trying another one next time I come in. For dessert I could not skip on their Key Lime Pie. By far, it’s one of the best I’ve eaten, and a must have if you’re a Key Lime lover as I am.

Hillstone doesn’t get a five start from me for two reasons. First, the waiting list is way too long. If they say the wait is one hour believe me it is. Second, at times the service could be lacking. What I mean is they're not as friendly as some other places. Besides that, I love the place. You can be sure to find me there for happy hour or relaxing with friends on a Sunday afternoon for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment