Monday, November 7, 2011

BURGERLISCIOUS FESTIVAL

The 1st annual Burgerliscious Festival took place on Thursday night at Fred B. Harnett/Ponce Circle Park in Coral Gables. It was presented by The Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce. I heard a rumor that the event was only planned for three weeks, if the facts are true then I tip my hat off to the event coordinators.

Burgerliscios went off without a hitch! You couldn’t have asked for better weather, food or crowd. There were over 20 participating restaurants at the event including, Crave, Anacapri on Ponce, Seasons 52, Fritz & Franz, Morton’s the Steakhouse and Route 9. Live music was also on the agenda with live performances by Fusik, ArtOfficial and DJ MAYNER.

My job was fun not to mention fulfilling as I sampled every single burger there. By far my favorite was from Crave. However 1st place the “Best in Bun” went to 1862 Room at the Westin Colonnade. Coming in 2nd place was Morton’s and there was a two way tie for 3rd with Just James & Two Sisters.


South Florida Burger Overload wants to thank everyone who worked hard to put Burgerliscious together. I was very happy and grateful to be part of this event. To be honest I’m already thinking about next year. Bigger & better I say!

Click on link to view full album: Burgerliscious 2011

Join us on Facebook: South Florida Burger Overload

No comments:

Post a Comment