Thursday, August 18, 2011

No Name Pub

Located on the outskirts of Big Pine Key, No Name Pub has been serving people from all walks of life since 1931. No Name Pub started as a general store/bait & tackle shop when the owners decided to add a small room for an eatery. It wasn’t until the 1950’s when No Name Pub became a full restaurant and bar. As we walked in I was amazed at how many dollar bills were hanging from the roof and walls. Our server told us it was a No Name Pub tradition since the mid 70’s.

The menu is pretty extensive, providing everything from tacos to seafood baskets, massive sandwiches to their world famous pizza, which has been made the same way for over 40 years. Not to mention a full bar which is essential to have in any Keys establishment.
For an appetizer we ordered the chili cheese fries and the nachos for one. Both were sizable and very good. When it came time for the main dish I went with the Pub Burger, a ½ of Black Angus with your choice of cheese, fries a pickle spear and like always, I added jalapenos. The burger was cooked to a perfect medium and the meat was very juicy. I wish the bun was a bit more cooked but other than that it was perfect. It was, by far, the best burger I've had in the Keys! My friend went with the chargrilled yellowfin tuna. I myself did not try it but I heard no complaints. Don’t ask me how, but we also ordered a Royal Pub Pizza, which wasn’t the best pizza in the world, but very enjoyable to eat.
When it comes to service, I mean, what can I say, it’s the keys. Our server wasn’t the friendliest, but she kept our drinks coming and was nice enough to give us a little bit of history about the place. I mean they say it themselves, “Friendly people, lousy service & great food.”

I highly recommend No Name Pub. Whether your visiting the Keys or live there as I sometimes do, it’s a must try. About ten minutes after passing the 7-Mile Bridge, stop in on your way to Key West. With seating inside and out, a beautiful private garden, and great food, how can you go wrong?

Like us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment